Arvon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information we collect by which you can be identified will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information do we collect or keep?
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including postal and email addresses, phone numbers
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• information about any bookings, donations, memberships, payments, and purchases, you have made
• other relevant information, correspondence, and records about interactions between you and Arvon
What we do with the information we gather?
We need this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and to promote our work as a charity, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping. This may include the secure holding of data with third-party organisations who provide us with services.
• We may use the information to improve our courses and other activities.
• We may aggregate information anonymously to provide statistics to evaluate our work and to feedback to our funders about our performance.
• If you have elected to receive them, we may periodically send emails or printed materials to tell you about our courses or other activities, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details you have provided.
• Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• We may use the information to customise the website or our other activities according to your responses.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the following website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional emails we send you.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
• We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about relevant third parties alongside our own information if we think you may find it interesting.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
• If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Arvon, Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London EC1R 3GA
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.