2 x House Managers (Catering), Lumb Bank, West Yorkshire
Roles: 2 x House Managers (Catering)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, regular evening and weekend working required
Salary: £14,280 (0.6 FTE £23,800)
Reports to: Co-Directors, Lumb Bank
Base: Lumb Bank, Heptonstall, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6DF
Closing date: Friday 1 October, 10pm
Interviews: Wednesday 6 October, at Lumb Bank
Lumb Bank is Arvon’s Yorkshire Writing House, an 18th century millowner’s house which once belonged to Ted Hughes. We are looking for two House Managers with strong interpersonal and practical skills to assist our guests during residential writing courses, welcoming and supporting them, preparing and serving meals and ensuring that the environment is kept safe and compliant according to government guidelines.
Purpose of the role: The successful applicants will take responsibility for the following:
- planning meals and ensuring all ingredients are locally sourced
- ensuring the budget target is adhered to in consultation with the Deputy Director
- food hygiene and ensuring all staff are food hygiene compliant
- serving meals, washing up and cleaning after mealtimes
- welcoming and supporting tutors and visitors during creative writing retreats and courses
- occasional hosting of readings and evenings
To download a full job pack including details of the application process, please click here and download the application form here. As part of your application, please submit a completed online Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form here.
If you would like to discuss the role or have any questions, please email Becky Liddell, Lumb Bank’s Senior Administrator at email@example.com. We particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
Please sign up to our mailing list and select ‘Job Alerts’ to hear from us when we have roles open for application.