At Arvon we want to do more to support writers and make it financially accessible for you to attend our courses. We understand that the cost of an Arvon course can be out of reach for many people, so we offer concession pricing on selected courses.
– 50% concession on most online courses and events
– 30% concession on most residential courses
– 20% concession on 1-1 tutorials
You do not need to fill in an application form, just select the concession pricing option when booking a course, or email email@example.com when submitting a 1-1 tutorial request.
A concession is available if any of the following apply to you:
– You are a full-time student
– You are aged 18-25
– You claim Universal Credit, income support or job seekers allowance
– You claim disability benefits
– You are in receipt of working tax credit
– You are in receipt of state pension
– You are low-waged (single household: annual salary of less that £20,000 / family household: combined annual salary less than £30,000)
– You are a teacher in a UK state or private primary school, or an English teacher (or teacher of a related discipline) at a UK state or private secondary school or further education institution.
Please note: we may ask ask for proof of eligibility after booking.
We offer 50% concessions on:
Online Live Guest Readings
Craft of Writing Sessions
Online Writing Weeks (limited availability but if currently unavailable you can add yourself to the waiting list and we will contact you if further concession places become available)
We offer 30% concessions on:
All residential courses apart from Retreats (untutored). Tutored Retreats are eligible.
Please note that if you wish to apply for more than 30% of your residential course fee, you will need to complete a grant application. At present we do not offer grants for online courses. Please see here for further information on how to apply for a grant for a residential course and to download the application form.
We offer 20% concessions on:
Please see here for further information on 1-1 tutorials.
We do not offer concessions on:
Please note that you cannot apply for both a Concession and a Grant for the same course.
If you couldn’t attend an Arvon residential course week without some financial help, we encourage you to apply. Last year we were able to help more than 90% of all writers who applied.